Friday, July 17, 2009

Time is FLYING!!

Wow! 3 weeks from right now, Josh and I will be on a plane to Kauai, Hawaii for our Honeymoon! It's so weird to think that in 3 weeks, our wedding day will have come and gone and that we will be married for time and all eternity! I can't wait for August 6th and can't wait to be Josh's wife. I fall more and more in love with him everyday, even when I think it's not possible to love him more than I already do. He is the love of my life!

This past Tuesday, I had my ward shower(I will post pics soon! My camera is dead!) Words cannot even express the love and support I have received from the women in my ward. My dear friend Chrissie Walker and the YW put it all together and it was amazing! I can't wait to post the pictures so you can see all the work they put into it. I am so blessed to have grown up with such amazing ward members. On Sunday I spoke in church and when I was asked to speak, the 2nd counselor asked me to speak on the assigned topic, but to also take the opportunity to talk about my experience of growing up in the ward and about this new stage of my life I'm about to enter. Luckily my topic was on "strengthening home and family" so it was easy to realte my experiences with the topic. This ward is the only ward I've ever been in, and it is also the ward that I met Josh over 15 years ago, so I have a lot of great memories and attachments to the ward and the people in it. I basically bawled all the way through my talk, but I knew when I was asked to speak that that would happen. It's never fun to cry in front of people, but I liked that Josh was able to see that side of me and see me cry for a reason other than frustration. haha.

I feel so blessed and so grateful to be entering this new stage of life with such a great man. It's crazy to think how much things can change in one year. A little over a year ago, I was heartbroken and in the saddest and worst place of my life and now I am in the happiest and best place of my life! I'm sure there will be other hardships along the way, but I am grateful that Josh and I will have each other to help us through it. 3 weeks until we can officially be "The Meadows Family!

p.s. This is WAY off the topic of my post, but I need to find some really great waterproof mascara and eye liner, as well as some longwearing lipcolor for the big day. Does anyone have any suggestions??

2 comments:

tiffany said...

Eyeliner - try the one from Urban Decay.
Liquid liner - try the one from Lancome - I LOVE IT!

kONniKaLITa said...

Apothica is magical! you can find anything and everything there!