Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Our Sunbeams

On Sunday, Josh and I got released from our calling as the Sunbeam teachers.  I can't believe a whole year has passed since we started teaching those darling children.  Don't worry, I only cried during half of class time and half of sharing time and tears may or may not be forming now as I write about these dear children. 

Sunbeams are such a fun age.  They come straight from nursery and Primary is a whole new world to them.  They have to adjust from snack time and playing with toys to singing time, sharing time and class time.  It was definitely not an easy adjustment for some of them, but seeing the growth in them from a year ago has been priceless.

It was an absolute joy to teach them.  I loved every minute and I know Josh did as well.  And I know those kids loved Josh!  They all loved to sit by him or give him hugs and they thought he was so "silly."  I'm pretty sure at least once during each class one of the kids would say, "Josh, you're silly!"  He is silly, but Josh is great with kids.  I am so grateful we had the opportunity to work together in a church calling.  Especially this one.  It was a great experience for us and we were able to catch a glimpse at how each of us are with children.  Wonderful preparation for the future :)

I've had a hard time letting go of these dear children.  Even though they tried our patience sometimes, I loved all 10 of them.  Yes, 10.  Sometimes our class was pure chaos, but I wouldn't trade those moments for anything.  I would keep these kids as my own and I wish I could teach them until they graduate from Primary.

I had my camera in my purse on Sunday and I had to take a few pictures so I can remember these darling faces forever.  I love them. 

(Parents of our Sunbeams-if you are uncomfortable with having pictures of your child on my blog, please let me know and I will take them down)

Me and the little darlins...Just one was absent on Sunday

 Josh and our kids


Me and my girls


Josh and his boys



I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of dreading church on Sunday because it won't be spent with these beautiful children, but their new teachers will be awesome and I am glad they are in good hands.  Josh and I were so lucky to have these children be a part of our lives.  Children are so close to the Spirit and I am so grateful we were able to feel their sweet Spirits.

3 comments:

Ali said...

How fun to have a calling with your spouse!

Oh how we need more families like yours here in the South! I am so touched by your love for these kids. Eliza was a sunbeam this year (class of ten too!) and was likewise blessed with a great teacher, but Wow, I can feel how much you care about these children.

I think you'd be a great primary chorister. That's my calling and I love it because I get to interact with all the children. I'm just sayin!

Mindy said...

Such cute pictures! I cannot believe you got them to sit long enough to get photos! ;) What is up next for the Meadows? :)

Moffat Family said...

How cute are you! Winston is now a sunbeam and I wish he had as cute of a teacher as you!