Monday, June 27, 2011

I don't like dental school

Today I really dislike dental school.  Like really, REALLY, really dislike it.  Josh feels the same. 

We dislike dental school because it has taken our best friends to Louisville, Kentucky for the next four years. 

I can't say enough good things about Ty and Lauren.  They have seriously been the best friends Josh and I could ask for.  It's going to be a huge adjustment having them gone.  We miss them already.

Thank goodness this whole dental school thing isn't permanent.  In retrospect, four years isn't THAT long, right?  I've been thinking back to what I was doing four years ago so I can get a feel for how fast the time will pass....

Four years ago I was working as an EFY counselor and I became an aunt when Ava was born.  Josh and I also had our first date almost four years ago.  All of these events seem like they were only a year ago.  If these next four years go by as fast as the past four years have then I can totally do this!  I also made Lauren start a blog so that she can keep me up to date on all of their adventures.  You'll blog all the time, right Laur? :)

Last week we spent as much time with Tyler and Lauren as possible until we had to say our goodbyes.

We had a little pool party with a bunch of friends

The girls -this picture turned out blurry, but I still like it


Josh, Me, Lauren and Ty

 Me and Lauren. Love her.


Tyler and Lauren the day before moving day


Me and Lauren


Josh and Tyler


We are already looking forward to seeing them when they come in town in August and again in December and then next summer.  We will definitely plan a trip or two out there to visit them while they're gone.  And the good news is, WICKED will be playing in Louisville next year so I'm pretty sure we will have to plan a trip during that time.  Louisville is also a short hour and a half from where the Indianapolis Colts play(Josh's favorite team) so we might have to go to an NFL game as well.  It's a win/win situation!

As much as I'm going to miss our besties, I know this will be an amazing experience for them.  They will grow as a couple and make many wonderful memories over the next four years.  Tyler worked and studied so hard to get into dental school and I know his hard work will pay off.  Ty and Lauren, we love you!

1 comment:

Tyler and Lauren said...

Cutest Blog Post Ever! Allison you are so adorable and I miss you terribly. Thanks for being such a great friend! Ty and I feel so lucky to have you and Josh as our besties. We can't wait to see you in August!