Saturday, October 24, 2009

Defying Gravity

If you haven't ever heard that song, you should probably listen to it! Amazing! And the belting at the end of the song is incredible!

In case you didn't know, that is the name of a song from Wicked!! Yes, I am back and Wicked was everything I hoped it would be and more! My mom and I had such a great time in Colorado. It was a super short trip-only 48 hours long, but well worth it. We got to do a little shopping, and believe me, the shopping there is WAY better than the shopping here! We also got to spend some quality time with my uncle(my mom's brother) Richard and my aunt Tammy. They are a ball of fun and they treat you like royalty when you stay with them!

Tuesday night was the big night! We had a DELICIOUS steak dinner in downtown Denver and then we were off to enjoy some Wicked! My mom said I was like a little kid on Christmas. But I think she was almost as excited as I was. We had no idea where our seats were since my aunt had ordered them for us, and she tried to trick us and tell us they weren't as good as she hoped they would be. So as we're walking in the theatre, we kept walking down closer and closer to the stage and it turns out that we were on the 4th row in the middle section and my aunt turned to us and said, "Okay I lied."!! I almost started crying! Being up that close puts a whole new spin on going to the theatre. You can see their facial expressions and so many more details and you almost feel like you're part of the show. But Wicked is amazing from any seat!

Anyway, my mom LOVED the show! I think as much as I did! Especially because she ended up watching a lot of Wizard of Oz with me when I was young. I am so happy she liked it! It was fun to spend time with her, even though I missed being away from Joshua. Unfortunately I did not take a single picture on the short trip! We wanted to take one outside the theatre, but it was about 35-40 degrees and raining/snowing so we hurried inside and forgot to take one inside. I'm bummed but I guess that means we'll just have to see Wicked again! :)

No comments: