Saturday, February 8, 2014

Where do I even begin?

I'm bringing blogging back...(sung like JT's Sexy Back. haha)

What in the world happened to the excitement that was once blogging? I think Instagram is the culprit. It's faster, easier and more convenient. I do love me some Instagram, and I recently found out that you can have your Instagram printed into a book, so it can be like a mini journal/album. That will definitely make me Instagram more. Just another easy way to keep a record of my life and more importantly, my little family. So be prepared for more Instagramming from yours truly.

Anyway, back to blogging.

I really kind of hate that it's not as much of a "thing" as it used to be. Like I said, I think Instagram is to blame. I mean who doesn't want the fastest, easiest way to share pictures and updates of your life? But what I do love about blogging is that it can be an even bigger, more detailed documentation of my life. I think the last time I wrote in my actual journal was the night before I got married. 4.5 years ago. Oops.

I started this blog when Josh and I got engaged and it's so fun looking back on the posts and the memories. I am kicking myself for not doing it more. I am definitely going to start doing it on a regular basis (and I mean it this time!). I would feel so sad if I left this earth without a good record of my little family. I don't know if anyone still checks blogs anymore, and that's fine if you don't. This is mainly for me and my family and anyone else that wants to read it.

So here's too a new year and more blogging! (and Instagramming!)

There are a few new posts below that I have been working on for several months in my little bits of spare time. Since I haven't blogged in so long, I am definitely a little rusty, so please be patient with me. There are probably typos, weird spacing, etc. I try to catch that the best I can. And I think I'm due for a new layout....but I don't remember how to do that. Also, if anyone could show me the easiest way to do the pictures side by side or in a collage so my posts don't get so long, I would greatly appreciate it!

xoxo


Oh, and if the rest of  you could jump back on the blogging bandwagon so I could get back to some fun blogstalking, that would be great! ;)

1 comment:

Ali said...

Yay, welcome back!! Reese is adorable and it's been fun to read back on your first year as a beautiful new Mom!

So I never left the blogging world. I'll be honest, it's been kind of a lonely place. What was once a way to connect and receive validation from friends (via comments)has been abandoned and replaced with instagram. However, with the perspective that this is my family journal, it takes away the sad feelings of "where did all my friends go?" Also, I feel like when people visit my blog, they are their by choice so I don't feel insecure about posting a ridiculous amount of photos and/or text (the way I do when I'm on facebook/insta). Anyway, I don't regret the time invested on the blog as it's awesome to skip back and remember phases in my children's lives that I swore I'd never forget (but did!). And finally, I downloaded a free/safe program from photoscape.org where I edit and put my photos in collages. I'm not super computer savvy so I appreciate how user friendly it is.

You're a babe and Reese is too cute. Let's get our littles over to Shivers to play on the train while we catch up for reals!