Thursday, December 31, 2009

Our First Christmas!

We had a great first Christmas together! It was a little hectic trying to sort out the family stuff, but as soon as Christmas Day rolled around, everything worked out great! Even though we felt like our day was like the movie, "Four Christmases." We were back and forth with each other's families all day but it was well worth it! We had a blast!

Now I know you're dying to know what we got for Christmas, so I will show you some of the goods in pictures :) We were so spoiled!!


My parent's gave us this cute Kitchenaid as our main gift! I have always wanted a Kitchenaid, so it was nice of them do get that for us. I know what you're thinking....She didn't get the pink one?? Of course I wanted it, and would've loved it, but then I thought it would be better to go with something that would match our kitchen. (See picture below)

These were not a Christmas present, but these canisters sit on our counter and go with our dishes that I absolutely love. Now you can see why I chose the color that I did.
I have always wanted to learn how to sew, so Josh's parents gave me two months worth of sewing lessons! His mom picked out this cute sewing box for me and filled it with all the sewing basics. (It's probably the cutest sewing box EVER) I am well on my way to becoming a domestic goddess!

Josh's parents gave us our own decks of one of our favorite games, Hand n Foot! I had never played this game until Josh and I started dating, and I absolutely love it!


My parents gave us this game. Self-explanatory. The weapons are hilarious! Bacon grill, rabid bat, World's Best Boss mug, Dundee award, etc.!


Josh and I had a lot of fun exchanging gifts with each other! He didn't know any of his gifts, so it was fun to surprise him. I got him an Indianapolis Colts vintage t-shirt, SNL Best of Will Ferrell-both of them, this awesome game he really wanted called Rate Your Mate(probably the funniest couples game ever!) and I cracked and got him Madden 10 for his Xbox.... I know, I know. Bad idea. He got me some clothes and some jewelry! I love my husband.

It's kind of weird to think that this is technically the 3rd Christmas that Josh has been in my life. Two years ago at this time, we were kinda hanging out/kinda dating and he invited me to his friends' Christmas party. I was SO excited because I liked him a lot, but knew he had also been kinda dating another girl(he never hears the end of it about that...haha) so I was hoping that him inviting me to the party was a sign that he really liked me. Almost. After that party, his friends were always telling him to date me, but it took him another year before he started listening to them. :) I'm so glad he did.

Last Christmas, we had just barely started hanging out again. I had gone through a horrible breakup in August, and I was pretty fragile all during the Fall. I was terrified of even liking someone again, so I was really nervous when Josh was calling me to hang out-especially with how things were with him before. But I put my guard up high and decided to give it ago. We went out a few days before Christmas and then again right as the new year started. From then on we were pretty much dating and the rest is history! I love that Christmastime reminds me of those fun and key moments of our relationship. I look forward to spending many more Christmases with my cute honey!

6 comments:

Steph and Mathew said...

Cute stuff! I didn't know they had The Office Clue! That's awesome! I want a Kitchenaid SO bad! You're lucky :)

kONniKaLITa said...

HAND AND FOOT??? i haven't ever met anyone that knows how to play that game! it is my most favorite card game ever!! i'd need a few reminders but can i play with you soon????

Bams said...

Looks like you had such a fun Christmas! Jord and I need to come play Clue with you guys!

Rachel and Codee said...

I love your mixer!! Codee got be a mixer for Christmas and I can't wait to use it. He bought me the tangerine one but I think I want a green one. Your blue one is adorable.
And you'll have to let me know how your sewing classes go. I've been thinking about signing up for some.
AND... you'll love Office Clue. We played it the other night and had so much fun!

Unknown said...

we got the same kitchaid mixer as a wedding gift in green I love it, it makes the best mashed potatoes and cookies, plus it has some great attachments like an ice cream maker and a pasta maker, well worth the investment. I love the office clue game I'm going to have to get one of those :)

Heather said...

So fun! The first married christmas is always so fun, but the second one is super fun too! We need to get together soon and maybe you can make me something out of your new cute kitchenaid?